Recently, I took a CliftonStrengths®- Gallup Assessment, thanks to the wonderful encouragement and support from my dear friend and mentor @Michele Gunn, a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach®.
I felt compelled to dive deep down, specifically, in to how I lead others. Accordingly, after taking the 170 question assessment, I’ve found that I lead in the Influencing and Strategic Thinking Themes. Shocker?! I think not!
In other words, I know how to take charge, speak up and make sure others are heard (Influencing). Also, I absorb and analyze information that can inform for better decisions (Strategic Thinking).
Below, you’ll find a breakdown of my Top 10 Strengths.
1. Learner (Strategic Thinking) – “You have a desire to learn and want to continuously improve. The process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites you.”
2. Individualization (Relationship Building) – “You are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. You have a gift for figuring out how different people work together productively.”
3. Analytical (Strategic Thinking) – “You search for reasons and causes. You have the ability to think about all of the factors that might affect a situation.”
4. Maximizer (Influencing) – “You focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. You seek to transform something strong into something superb.”
5. Significance (Influencing) – “You want to make a big impact. You are independent and prioritize projects based on how much influence they will have on your organization or people around you.”
6. Self-Assurance (Influencing) – “You feel confident in your ability to take risks and manage your own life. You have an inner compass that gives you certainty in your decisions.”
7. Discipline (Executing) – “You enjoy routine and structure. Your world is best described by the order you create.”
8. Strategic (Strategic Thinking) – “You create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, you can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.”
9. Achiever (Executing) – “You work hard and possess a great deal of stamina. You take immense satisfaction in being busy and productive.”
10. Competition (Influencing) – “You measure your progress against the performance of others. You strive to win first place and revel in contests.”
Today, on Saturday, April 25th, I challenge you to do the following: FIND YOUR STRENGTHS, GO FORTH, and EXCEL! I know YOU can do it!!
Remember: Good luck and have fun! May the Force of your strengths carry you forward through these tremulous and unforeseen times. I believe in YOU!